top banner

Our Story

Our Home was originally established in 1906 by Stephen Green. His son Chester joined the business in 1928. Floyd Lee purchased the Home in 1940, and was joined by his son Francis in the late 1940s. In 1958, the business was relocated to our current location. An ambulance service ran from our funeral home until 1969.

David Ramsay joined Francis Lee in 1979 and purchased business in 1984. Thomas Smith, the Rivertown Funeral Chapel provides local service to the Kawkawlin area. Originally a residential home, this comfortable facility was later converted to a restaurant and banquet hall. We have named our main Chapel the Harris Room, and the second Chapel, which overlooks the Kawkawlin River, is called the River Room.

In 1999 Tom retired, selling his interest to David. Completed new addition May 2004 that doubled the size of the building and added more parking area. Now have three chapels the Harris Room, River Room and T.H. Smith Room. Added new selection room and arrangement center.